The current Code of Professional Conduct became effective on Oct 2017.
1. A Member must not:
(a) purport to represent the views of ViCSPA unless expressly authorised to do so;
(b) reflect adversely on the professional integrity of ViCSPA or its Members.
2. A Member must not maliciously or carelessly do anything to injure, directly or indirectly, the reputation, prospects or business of other Members. As such, Members of ViCSPA shall not intentionally act so as to cause reputational damage to the ViCSPA certification Scheme.
3. All certified seed producers that are members of ViCSPA abide by the Conditions of ViCSPA seed Scheme http:www.vicspa.org.au/services/seed-potato-certification/
4. Members shall not misinform, or otherwise mislead the Authority or buyers of certified seed potatoes. In so doing, a Member of ViCSPA must always supply the authority with accurate and honest information relating to seed potato production, cropping histories and other relevant data which is used to conduct seed certification.
5. Members shall not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, or religion
6. Members shall ensure that the financial accounts with ViCSPA are paid within ViCSPA’s terms of payment unless other arrangements have been made prior to service provision by ViCSPA. Failure comply will result in refusal of all services from ViCSPA and if not resolved will be referred to a professional debt collector. (see terms of payment ViCSPA website http://www.vicspa.org.au/about/policies/terms/)
7. Members ViCSPA will be compliant with Plant Breeder Rights were appropriate. ViCSPA reserves the right to notify of breaches of PBR, either perceived or actual.
8. ViCSPA Members shall comply with all interstate trade conditions and policies that relate to the trade and movement of seed potatoes. This will include, if relevant, conditions relating to the rules surrounding plant protection districts and pest control areas. ViCSPA reserves the right to notify of breaches of biosecurity policies, either perceived or actual.
9. A Member of ViCSPA must not include false or misleading claims relating to the supply of certified seed potatoes. As such, members should make all attempts to ensure the integrity and traceability of the certified seed produced is upheld. Any discrepancies should be immediately notified to ViCSPA
10. Members shall provide a safe environment for ViCSPA employees to conduct certification services
11. A Member must not directly or indirectly exert undue pressure or influence on any persons, whether by the offer or provision of any payment gift or favour or otherwise, for the purpose of securing the certification of seed potatoes or other services.
Version 2.0 2017